Its almost that time of year again. You know the one when you open the windows and let in the cool fresh air and start that intensive spring cleaning? Here are some helpful hints that will not only save you some money but will also save you some time.
1) Dump a packet of lemonade Kool-aid in your dishwasher tray and run it empty for one cycle. The citric acid will knock out an lingering stains and smells.
2) Avoid running the automatic cleaning cycle on your oven and choking your house up with toxic fumes. Instead, scrub it with vinegar, baking soda, dish soap and lemon juice.
3) Cleaning your washing machine is important, so run a cycle without any clothes on hot with detergent and a cup of chlorine bleach.
4) Sprinkle dirty grout with baking soda and then spray it with vinegar. Let it sit for a few minutes and then scrub it away.
5) After cleaning your baseboards with your favorite all purpose cleaner, wipe them down with a static free dryer sheet. This will repel dust and dirt for some time to come making cleaning them the next time easy.
Well there you have it, 5 content tips to make your life a little easier. Now remember these are not only for the big spring clean, but for anytime your home needs a little freshening up.