Happy Wednesday everyone. Today I would like to talk to you about an unsung hero...WD40. In 1953, a fledgling company called Rocket Chemical Company and its staff of three set out to create a line of rust-prevention solvents and degreasers for use in the aerospace industry, in a small lab in San Diego, California.
It took them 40 attempts to get the water displacing formula worked out. But they must have been really good, because the original secret formula for WD-40 which stands for Water Displacement perfected on the 40th try-is still in use today. The three had no idea what magic they had created, today its uses today. So I have put together a lists that as always ...saves you money, and increases your performance without using a lot of harsh chemicals.
1. Protects silver from tarnishing
2. Removes road tar and grime from cars
3. Cleans and lubricates guitar strings
4. Restores and cleans chalkboards
5. Removes lipstick stains
6. Removes stains from stainless steel sinks
7. Is the perfect cleaner for BBQ grime on the grill
8. Keeps terracotta garden pots from oxidizing
9. Removes tomato stains from clothing
10. Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots
11. Use it for fire ant bites, it takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch
12. Removes crayon from walls
13. Also if you discover your teenage daughter has washed a tube of lipstick in a load of laundry, saturate the pots with WD40 and rewash...Presto the lipstick is gone
14. Removes bug guts from your car before they damage the finish
15. Restores and cleans padded leather dashboard in vehicles, as well as restores old vinyl bumpers
16. Keeps bathroom mirrors from fogging
17. Removes all traces of duct tape
18. Hold on to something folks... you can even spray it on your arms, hands and knees to relieve arthritis pain.
19. The favorite use in the state of New York, is to protect the Statue Of Liberty.
20. Florida's favorite use is to clean and remove love bugs from grills and bumpers
21. Canadians use it on the windshield to stop them from frosting...no more scraping.
22. One more for the Canadians, keep your snow shovel sprayed. Your driveway will just about clean itself.
Well there you have it, just a few uses for something that no one ever anticipated having over 2000 practical uses. Just goes to show just because a certain product claims to be for a specific use, it doesn't have to be...but that's another story.